Thursday, January 17, 2013

Love Lesson (blog)

As some of you may already know I was in a terrible relationship most of last year. Worst relationship of my life. I've spoken a bit about it on cam. Sometimes people pretend to be who they aren't and when they finally show their true colors, it can get rather ugly. It's also disheartening when you realize the person you thought you fell for doesn't really exist at all. They were a projected version of what they thought you wanted. A con game.

Anyway, after that experience I thought through some of the good things to have come from being in a relationship like that. Turns out, the most prevalent end product of said situation is growth in character. When you date someone like that and don't let them bring you down to their level, you're forced to look at yourself in a different way. A way which makes you ask, "Am I that terrible?" "Is there anything within me that needs sprucing up?" You question your character. All the bad behaviors that your partner exhibits can teach you what it is about you that needs improvement. In the last few months of that relationship, I saw what I lacked and I filled that hole (no sex jokes!). Glass half full, most definitely!

I guess all I am trying to say is… if you're stuck in a bad situation, remember to look for the lesson and not focus so much on the problem. There is always room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment