Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mac Baby. (blog)

Two weeks ago I received one of the more exciting packages I've ever had arrive at my doorstep. A Macbook Pro. Fifteen incher. She's a beaut! I feel like my life has changed immensely, especially considering that I spend 50% of my waking day on a computer. This was looong overdue. 

 

I've been trucking along on a $400 refurbished Acer laptop from Tiger Direct for the last 18 months. It did what I needed it to, it was rather zippy luckily... but the main problem is that it could not handle graphics. I mean... when I tried to play a 1080p movie it would skip like crazy or I'd have to force quit VLC. As you can imagine, being a camgirl this is a rather big problem. I couldn't even install the latest Logitech software for my HD cam, and I could not record video larger than 800x600px or it would start to skip frames. Alas! I was doomed... until I squealed like a little girl when “the box” arrived at my doorstep.

 

I made sure that my new love child would be fast enough and powerful enough to handle graphics and does she! AMD Radeon HD 6490M 256 MB, baby! Videos, recorded or played, have never looked better. And overall... feels like life is a little more effortless now. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment