Monday, November 28, 2011

Gobble Gobble (blog) (pics)

I'm finally home after spending several days visiting family in California for Thanksgiving. Emphasis on “finally” back home... missed my bed and my kitties! 

This Thanksgiving was probably one of the most interesting holidays I've ever had. It started off with a crazy arrival into L.A. where my mother spent 2 hours driving 2 miles trying to snatch me from United arrivals. Apparently, a wee bit of rain caused the tunnels and roads coming into LAX to flood. Nightmare! After much hoopla and my mother practically cursing out a tailgating bus driver as I tried to throw suitcase into trunk... we finally drove out of that mess. Oh yea, in my haste, I practically fell down an escalator as my luggage proceeded to tumble over. Good times! Haha.

The next day was much easier. I went pottery painting with my mother and an old friend, who I hadn't seen in nearly 8 years. I'm pretty damn proud of myself. I haven't painted in years, and yet I still remember how, and executed it quite well. I made a spoon rest, which looks pretty chalky in the photo, but once it's put into the kiln it will be a vibrant red. Will tweet a picture when it arrives to me in the mail. (twitter.com/femmeeden)

While in California, I also set up a photo shoot with a rather talented classic pin up photographer. OMG. Can't. Wait. To. Share... the photos he has given me thus far are so sexy... they make me squeal with excitement.

After the shoot I met up with my ex-fiance. I was engaged when I was 18. Thank goodness I didn't get married... my life would be extremely different, and not in a good way. What was most interesting to me was the instantaneous closeness and honesty we exhibited when we started talking aloud. We haven't been talking through the years since we broke up. It was like no time had passed, and our conversations were as intimate as ever. After having been together 2 years, we were quite close. That closeness somehow still remains between us, and it was interesting falling back into the habit.

Thanksgiving day itself was a mess. There was a lot of cooking, were hugs, arguments, naps, mango champagne, and video games. All in all, a success as far as I'm concerned! Hoping you also had a great holiday, and enjoyed time with family... don't ever take them for granted. Regrets are hard to rectify. Or so I've been told... ;)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment