Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Search for a New Apartment (blog)

I'm SO not a beach person. How I ended up living in a sleepy beach town is beyond me. I guess it was the lure of a great apartment. The novelty has worn off. I need a city! I need nightlife, buildings, and 24 hour restaurants.

The town I live in currently is pretty bland. Luckily there is a mall as well as a nice movie theater for some entertainment. Otherwise, I'm not really into trying to bare the freezing coastal water here. The apartment is huge for what I need, but apart from that the wall a/c unit sucks, the complex is full of screaming babies and children, and the building is from the 80's... and not in a good way.

It is time to move on, I declare! Last week, I drove to a city close by that I've had my eye on for awhile. I walked the streets in the middle of downtown, had a smoothie, found a great Bistro, and found even better apartments. I'm very excited to live in a metro center again. I thought I was over the whole ambulance-siren-screaming-hobo-traffic-smelly thing... but the truth is I really don't mind those things about a city. I prefer those bothers than screaming hillbilly children, sweaty apartment, and old carpet.

I found a great building right in the center of everything. They have beautiful apartments (one with a private deck on the 8th floor that is about 900 sq ft) and I can afford it! Can you say photo shoots?! Snow, rain, shower, storms, kiddie pool... I'm all about shooting outdoors, especially when it's right off my living room. :D

Oh the possibilities! Here is a picture of the livingroom/deck...

Img_2584

No comments:

Post a Comment