Monday, July 25, 2011

PhonE! EXciTeMent! (Blog)

Today marks a significant day in my life. It is the day I will acquire an Android phone. I've been somewhat behind in the world of phone technology. Let's look at a brief history of my less than impressive cell phone decisions.

I got my first phone in my Senior year of High School. My boyfriend at the time drove me to the local mall, where we purchased matching Nokia cellphones from TMobile. It was grey, the screen had no color, could only show numbers, and had that green glow. Absolutely terrifying. I had that phone for a good 2 years before I bought another! At that point I went to Tmobile for a free upgrade (broke college student) and got something resembled the “Pebble” phones today. Although, the hardware of this phone had, in no way, anything in common with current “Pebbles.” The screen was about 1.5in x 1.5in and could barely handle solid shapes. I had this phone for a year before I accidentally flushed it down the toilet (long story).

It is at this point I made the biggest leap and splurged for a Motorola Razr. It was magenta, and so beautiful. I LOVED this phone at first, and played with it endlessly (even if all I could do was talk, text, and play a measly 3 games). Soon enough (after 5 years!) the novelty wore off. Last spring, I bought a Blackberry Curve 8530 from Virgin Mobile. Have you seen their monthly prices, including web?! I finally stepped into the world of smart phone, and could search the web, access my email, and do all sorts of things. This literally changed my world. But alas, I grow restless with such a phone and I crave more! Plus, the damn thing is all buggy and slow. Pffft, just my luck.

I'm anticipating the receipt of this Android phone (Motorola Triumph) will once again revolutionize my world and open up new possibilities. It's like a brain extension upgrade. :)

Patiently waiting for Fed Ex man... should be here any moment. And when I get the phone, you can be sure there will be an onslaught of photos, videos, and text coming at my twitter page (www.twitter.com/femmeeden) and my facebook page (www.facebook.com/femmeeden). So come join in on my revolution. ;)

EDIT: It's arrived. Yayyyy! Now to wait 4 hours for charge. :P

X2_75dbf7b

No comments:

Post a Comment